Welcome to the
Madonna Lyrics Archive
"The most popular lyrics archive on the World Wide Web since 1994"
You now have available to you the lyrics for almost every song performed
by Madonna. An
alphabetical index of song titles has been
provided, or you can use the following links to albums and/or songs. In
addition, you can view the
Top 100 words referenced in Madonna's lyrics.
Please note that while Warner Brothers Records holds a copyright on the
lyrics themselves, I claim a personal copyright on the HTML markup which
presents these lyrics to you via the Web. You are asked to refrain from
copying or distributing these pages in any manner. However, you are welcome
to create a link to this page from any other page on the Web.
Feel free to send questions, comments, or corrections to
me via e-mail. My preferred e-mail address is:
madonnalyrics AT gmail.com
- Madonna (1982)
- The queen of pop's first studio album, containing the hits
- Like A Virgin (1984)
- Madonna's followup to her debut, fully establishing her as a
popular artist. Besides the title smash,
Like A Virgin, she hit big with
Dress You Up.
- Vision Quest (1985)
- This soundtrack features two songs from Madonna: the ballad,
Crazy For You, and the more upbeat
- True Blue (1986)
- Madonna's third studio album, showing her variety with songs like
Live To Tell,
Papa Don't Preach,
Open Your Heart,
La Isla Bonita, and the title song,
- You Can Dance (1987)
- Top club DJs remix some of her hits, such as
Into The Groove, and
Where's The Party. Plus, the
previously unreleased song
Spotlight appears here.
- Who's That Girl (1987)
- Accompanying the motion picture of the same title, this soundtrack
features four songs from Madonna:
Who's That Girl,
Causing A Commotion,
The Look Of Love, and
- Like A Prayer (1989)
- This album, her fourth studio album, shows Madonna's maturity and depth
as she takes an introspective look at her own life with songs like the
famous title track,
Like A Prayer,
Oh Father, and
Keep It Together.
- The Early Years (1989)
- A compilation of songs recorded before Madonna made it big. These songs
all have a certain techno-pop feel to them, causing them to sound quite
different from her original pop hits.
- I'm Breathless (1990)
- Although not as popular as her other albums, this soundtrack from
the movie "Dick Tracy" has a definite old-fashioned style to it with
songs such as
He's A Man,
Something To Remember,
and the dance smash,
- The Immaculate Collection (1990)
- This greatest hits album, remastered with the Q-sound technology,
is a collection of her most popular songs, as well as two new releases:
Justify My Love and
- Erotica (1992)
- Madonna explores sensuality, sexuality, lust, and love with tracks
like the title hit
Erotica, plus the hits
Deeper And Deeper,
Bad Girl, and the ballad,
Erotica is her fifth studio album.
- Bedtime Stories (1994)
- With new producers and songwriters, the tracks on Madonna's sixth studio
album contain more depth and integrity, including the hits
Take A Bow, the title cut
Bedtime Story, and other
mesmerizing songs such as
- Something To Remember (1995)
- A collection of her ballads, including the smash singles
To Be My Playground and
I'll Remember, plus
three previously unreleased titles:
I Want You, and
One More Chance.
- Evita (1996)
- This motion picture soundtrack contains songs from the musical "Evita",
featuring the moving ballads
You Must Love Me,
Don't Cry For Me Argentina, and
Another Suitcase In Another Hall,
plus the more upbeat tunes
High Flying, Adored and
- Pre-Madonna (1996)
In The Beginning (1998)
- A collecton of songs recorded by Madonna between 1980 and 1981, before
she made it big. These tracks include early versions of songs such as
Burning Up, plus the previously
Laugh To Keep From Crying,
Crimes Of Passion, and
Don't You Know?.
Note: In The Beginning contains the same tracks as
Pre-Madonna, except for the extended version of
Ain't No Big Deal '97.
- Ray Of Light (1998)
- This album, which was co-produced by William Orbit and is her seventh
studio album, contains tracks with an ambient, eerie feeling to them.
You'll be mesmerized by songs such as the first release,
Frozen, and the title track,
Ray Of Light,
plus the pseudo-ballad,
The Power Of Good-Bye,
and the catchy single,
Sky Fits Heaven.
In addition, the lyrics for three unreleased demo songs,
Gone, Gone, Gone,
Like A Flower, and
- The Next Best Thing
- The original motion picture soundtrack featuring two Madonna tracks:
American Pie, the remake of
the Don McLean hit, and the ballad
Time Stood Still.
- Music (2000)
- Madonna teamed up with French songwriter/producer Mirwais to create an
album (her eighth studio album) that mixes electronica and country styles
with tracks such as the title track, Music,
Paradise (Not For Me),
I Deserve It.
In addition, the lyrics for the unreleased song
Liquid Love are available.
- GHV2 - Greatest Hits Volume 2 (2001)
- Her second greatest hits album, and third compilation (when taking into
account Something To Remember).
- American Life (2003)
- On her ninth studio album, Madonna takes a closer look at war with the
title track, American Life.
This track also marked the first time that a Madonna track was available for
download from the Warner Brothers website. The album also contains the James
Bond theme, Die Another Day.
- Remixed & Revisited (2003)
- Besides containing remixes of Nothing Fails, Love Profusion,
Nobody Knows Me, and American Life, this album also contains the live
performance that Madonna gave at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards, as well
as the collaboration with Missy Elliott known as
Into The Hollywood Grove,
and a previously unreleased song called
- Confessions On A Dance Floor (2005)
- On this guilty pleasure album - her tenth studio album - Madonna returns
unapologetically to her dance music roots.
The music is both nostalgic and forward-reaching, blending musical styles
with one foot in early disco and the other pointed toward the future.
- Hard Candy (2008)
As Madonna's eleventh (and final) studio recording for Warner Bros., this
album is a brilliant up-tempo collection that adds a hip-hop beat to her
vast array of styles, thanks to collaborations with Timbaland, Justin
Timberlake, Pharrell Williams, and Nate "Danja" Hills.
- Celebration (2009)
Madonna gives her fans another chance to 'celebrate' her musical
achievements with the release of her fourth compilation album. Besides
including many of her hit songs, this album contains the previously
- MDNA (2012)
MDNA is Madonna's twelfth studio album, and the first album not associated
with Warner Bros. Records (her record label since 1982). This album has
been met with mixed reviews, but contains some strong pieces, including the
beautiful ballad Masterpiece,
and the dance tracks
Give Me All Your Luvin' and
Girl Gone Wild.
After debutting at number one, the album had the greatest one-week sales
drop in the history of the charts.
- Rebel Heart (2015)
Released on March 6, 2015, Rebel Heart is Madonna's thirteenth studio album.
Lyrics will be available soon.
- Other singles
- Following are some other song lyrics which were not classified
under their respective albums.
- Be Careful With My Heart,
a duet sung with popular Latin singer Ricky Martin.
- Beautiful Stranger, from the
soundtrack for the movie Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.
- Bittersweet, a poem from the Love Poems
of Rumi, that can found on the album A Gift of Love.
- Don't Cry For Me Argentina
(Miami Spanglish Mix), the dance remix of the famous ballad from Evita.
- Each Time You Break My Heart,
the Madonna-written track that jumpstarted Nick Kamen's career.
- Erotic, the version of the song Erotica
which came with Madonna's book entitled "Sex".
- Freedom, from the "Carnival" album, released
to raise money for The Rainforest Foundation.
- Get Over, a Nick Scotti track with background
vocals by Madonna.
- Goodbye To Innocence, Madonna's
contribution to the "Just Say Roe" compilation.
- Guilty By Association, from
the "Sweet Relief" album.
- Hey You, written as a charity song for the
Live Earth concert on July 7, 2007.
- Hoy Que No Estas, a Spanish version
of the ballad "One More Chance", performed by Sentidos Opuestos.
- I Surrender, Dear, a duet with
Jennifer Grey from the film The Bloodhounds of Broadway.
- If You Forget Me, a poem written by
Pablo Neruda appearing on the soundtrack for "The Postman".
- Just A Dream, a Donna DeLory song with Madonna featured on background vocals.
Justify My Love (The Beast Within Mix), a haunting remix of the
popular song of lust.
- Let Down Your Guard, a previously
unreleased, non-album track from the "Secret" UK import CD maxi-single.
- Lo Que Siente La Mujer, the
Spanish version of "What It Feels Like For A Girl".
- Love Won't Wait, an unreleased demo.
- Me Against The Music, a song from Britney Spears' "In The Zone" album, which features Madonna.
- Santa Baby, a merry song from the
christmas album "A Very Special Christmas".
- Sidewalk Talk, which featured Madonna
on background vocals.
- Supernatural, from the AIDS benefit
album "Red Hot + Dance".
- The Funny Song, a country tune created
specifically for the Drowned World Tour.
- Up Down Suite, an extra dance track included on
the Rain maxi-single.
- Verás, the Spanish version of her popular
ballad, You'll See.
Go to the Alphabetical Index of songs